Today we feature an intriguing Claremont Hills home designed by Tom Lowe. It is unusual not only because it is a departure from the standard design that Lowe replicated over and over in the Oakland Hills during the 60s and 70s, but also because it was built in 1992. The home occupies a lot cleared by the Oakland Hills fire in 1991, but it appears to have been built from an earlier set of plans – likely those for the home that was there before the fire, making for an interesting mix of old and new.
- Edificionado is an Oakland-based real estate brokerage specializing in architecturally and historically significant homes. The listings we feature here are those that have recently caught our eye due to their provenance or exceptional state of preservation. We select them without regard to size, price, or location and in general we are not the listing broker, so we have no stake in their being posted here. As we are based in Oakland, most of the homes will be in the East Bay, though we may throw one in from elsewhere in the Bay Area from time to time. If you would like to visit any of these homes, or receive a personalized list of properties more tailored to your specific requirements and tastes please contact Christian Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 510 686 3343.
emelen on 171 San Marcos, San Franc… edificionado on 171 San Marcos, San Franc… emelen on 171 San Marcos, San Franc… edificionado on 1655 Arrowhead, Oakland emelen on 1655 Arrowhead, Oakland
- 872 Arlington, Berkeley - Charming First Bay Region residence designed by Julia Morgan: edificionado.wordpress.com/2023/03/27/872… 1 day ago
- 1815 Manzanita, Oakland - Impressive Third Bay Region residence by local design builder Martin Davis: edificionado.wordpress.com/2023/03/20/181… 1 week ago
- 171 San Marcos, San Francisco - Compelling Art Moderne / Bay Region hybrid designed by husband and wife team, Irvin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- 4536 Hillsborough, Castro Valley - Intriguing MCM designed by local architect and kung fu grandmaster Henry Luck: edificionado.wordpress.com/2023/03/06/453… 3 weeks ago
- 1655 Arrowhead, Oakland - Unusual A-frame/dome hybrid attributed to Burlingame architect Robert Blunk: edificionado.wordpress.com/2023/02/28/165… 4 weeks ago
very nice proportions.