This charming Montclair mid-century has a number of features in common with the distinctive downslope homes that Tom Lowe built all across the Oakland hills. However the layout is slightly different which is quite unusual in Lowe’s work which generally adheres rather strictly to his standard plan. But whether inspired by Tom Lowe or actually by his hand, the home is a nice example of the familiar form and it retains a good deal of its original character.
- Edificionado is an Oakland-based real estate brokerage specializing in architecturally and historically significant homes. The listings we feature here are those that have recently caught our eye due to their provenance or exceptional state of preservation. We select them without regard to size, price, or location and in general we are not the listing broker, so we have no stake in their being posted here. As we are based in Oakland, most of the homes will be in the East Bay, though we may throw one in from elsewhere in the Bay Area from time to time. If you would like to visit any of these homes, or receive a personalized list of properties more tailored to your specific requirements and tastes please contact Christian Olson at email@example.com or at 510 686 3343.
emelen on 171 San Marcos, San Franc… edificionado on 171 San Marcos, San Franc… emelen on 171 San Marcos, San Franc… edificionado on 1655 Arrowhead, Oakland emelen on 1655 Arrowhead, Oakland
- 872 Arlington, Berkeley - Charming First Bay Region residence designed by Julia Morgan: edificionado.wordpress.com/2023/03/27/872… 1 day ago
- 1815 Manzanita, Oakland - Impressive Third Bay Region residence by local design builder Martin Davis: edificionado.wordpress.com/2023/03/20/181… 1 week ago
- 171 San Marcos, San Francisco - Compelling Art Moderne / Bay Region hybrid designed by husband and wife team, Irvin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- 4536 Hillsborough, Castro Valley - Intriguing MCM designed by local architect and kung fu grandmaster Henry Luck: edificionado.wordpress.com/2023/03/06/453… 3 weeks ago
- 1655 Arrowhead, Oakland - Unusual A-frame/dome hybrid attributed to Burlingame architect Robert Blunk: edificionado.wordpress.com/2023/02/28/165… 4 weeks ago
Thanks Christian! I’m not sure if it is a Tom Lowe but I agree the same muse is present!
It’s quite magical in here… even on a rainy day!