Today we feature a great Oakland Hills A-frame/dome hybrid attributed to Robert Blunk of Blunk Associates. One of the downsides of the standard A-frame form is that there is generally only room for windows on the ends of the structure. That problem is solved here through the use of a series of A-shaped gables arranged around a central point. The home’s unusual exterior shape makes for particularly interesting interior spaces with plenty of unique nooks and crannies throughout. Blunk was an architect based out of Burlingame who focused mainly on commercial projects with a few notable exceptions. We are fortunate to have this inventive example here in our back yard.
- Edificionado is an Oakland-based real estate brokerage specializing in architecturally and historically significant homes. The listings we feature here are those that have recently caught our eye due to their provenance or exceptional state of preservation. We select them without regard to size, price, or location and in general we are not the listing broker, so we have no stake in their being posted here. As we are based in Oakland, most of the homes will be in the East Bay, though we may throw one in from elsewhere in the Bay Area from time to time. If you would like to visit any of these homes, or receive a personalized list of properties more tailored to your specific requirements and tastes please contact Christian Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 510 686 3343.
emelen on 171 San Marcos, San Franc… edificionado on 171 San Marcos, San Franc… emelen on 171 San Marcos, San Franc… edificionado on 1655 Arrowhead, Oakland emelen on 1655 Arrowhead, Oakland
- 872 Arlington, Berkeley - Charming First Bay Region residence designed by Julia Morgan: edificionado.wordpress.com/2023/03/27/872… 1 day ago
- 1815 Manzanita, Oakland - Impressive Third Bay Region residence by local design builder Martin Davis: edificionado.wordpress.com/2023/03/20/181… 1 week ago
- 171 San Marcos, San Francisco - Compelling Art Moderne / Bay Region hybrid designed by husband and wife team, Irvin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- 4536 Hillsborough, Castro Valley - Intriguing MCM designed by local architect and kung fu grandmaster Henry Luck: edificionado.wordpress.com/2023/03/06/453… 3 weeks ago
- 1655 Arrowhead, Oakland - Unusual A-frame/dome hybrid attributed to Burlingame architect Robert Blunk: edificionado.wordpress.com/2023/02/28/165… 4 weeks ago
Such an unusual set of interior spaces!
Who does your historical research on the houses? Thx
We do it in house (pun intended).